Monday, April 25, 2011

Chocolate Mint Cookies


So now I'm back from vacation with a tan and crutches.

The day before I was leaving for the DR, I had to get an MRI because my leg was hurting and it turned out that I have a stress fracture which literally sucks. After many tears, I was forced to get crutches, and this was all at 5 o'clock and I hadn't even packed yet. Anyways, I still had a great time away (my friends gobbles up the muffins at 5 in the morning), but now I can't run in the outdoor track season. However, I am obviously going to all the meets and therefore still must make the team treats for after running.


Recipe:

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
2 cups flour
2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Heat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
Beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, peppermint and vanilla. One well blended, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. 

Stir in the chocolate chips so they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto your prepared sheet. 

Bake 10 minutes and let cool before removing from the cookie sheets.
Yeah, those blobs don't look to appetising.

These cookies are incredibly easy to make and are moist with the right blend of chocolate and peppermint. 

My friend Olivia who loves peppermint is on the team too and I actually made her these cookies as a good luck for getting into Dartmouth and she did!
Ready to bring to the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment