Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Doggie Treats

Lucy is usually not this obedient.
Treats in an air tight container will last for much longer.



Now we always focus on making treats for ourselves, but what about our pets? For a while now I have been giving my two small dogs cookies I bake at home, and that way I know exactly what they’re eating (no fake ingredients here). I found this recipe for small dog ankle biter peanut butter drops courtesy of Robin’s FYI:


Ingredients:
3/4  cup flour 
1 egg 
1 tablespoon honey 
1 teaspoon  peanut butter 
1/4  cup  butter 
1  teaspoon  baking soda 
1/4  cup rolled oats 
1/2  teaspoon vanilla 


Directions: 
Heat honey and peanut butter in microwave until peanut butter is melted (about 20 seconds) 
Mix add remaining ingredients  
Drop by 1/2 teaspoonful onto cookie sheet  
Bake at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes
Fenway enjoying her treat.
I can't really comment how these taste but I can tell you for sure that my dogs definitely enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment