Friday, February 11, 2011

Monster Cookies




I always make baked goods for the girl’s track team and the boys get mad if I don’t have enough for them too. My one friend in particular has on multiple occasions tried to steal them away, though I have never failed to find them stashed near his stuff. This time though, I’m making him his own bucket of cookies so I don’t have to listen to any more complaining from him.
I thought it would only be appropriate to make “Monster Cookies” for him. The original recipe came from Paula Deen, but I changed it around just a bit.

Ingredients:
1 egg
½ cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon corn syrup
¾ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons butter
½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ sweetened coconut flakes
1 ½ cups rolled oats
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup M&M's

I give you permission to
taste the batter.
Directions:
Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, and do not over bake. Let the cookies cool for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool. 


A bucket of cookies he can hoard for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment