Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

So I was trying to find ways to procrastinate from studying for my math midterm so I thought; what better way to not spend my time not studying than to bake cookies for my friend who just got into college? While I often like to try out interesting recipes for my friends, this friend insisted her she liked classing cookies the best so I settled on making her some old-fashioned oatmeal chocolate chip-cookies. I made up my own recipe, using a tad of shredded coconut and sour cream for moistness. I found the nuts really helped the cookie stay together and not spread, and 9 to 10 minutes was the perfect amount of time to bake them, and if I do say so myself they turned out de-lic-ious. Chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. 
 Hungry? If you start mixing now you'll be able to eat these in less than a half hour.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
2 1/2 cups oats
2 cups Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375° F. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract.

Gradually beat in flour mixture and add the shredded coconut. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and nuts; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets.

Bake for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Straight out of the oven.
Note: This recipe makes A LOT of batter, so you can half the recipe or do what I did which is just put the left over batter in a container to freeze to whip out some other time when I need to make cookies but don’t have enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment