Monday, January 31, 2011

Creamy Almond Butter


I always make baked goods for my English teacher, and though she is always pleased with my creations, she complains all my baking is going to make her fat. To compromise I decided to make her some healthy almond butter. Though this may not be a baked good, it can certainly fill your sweet tooth if you place it on top of sliced apples and drizzle them with a smidge of honey.

To make the butter is very easy, just take 2 cups of whole almonds and spread them out onto a baking sheet and place them in a 350° F oven for 12 minutes, stirring them around halfway through to prevent them from burning.
Ready to spread and enjoy in about 20 minutes.

Though toasting the almonds is not essential, I find it really helps to bring out the “nutty” flavor.

Let the nuts cool and then place them into a food processor. You could also use a blender but you won’t be able to put in as many nuts in the blender at a time as you can with a food processor.

Now for some slight amusement, my food processor is currently not working properly so I had to hold down the button the whole time because it won’t stay down. Fortunately, it only took about 6 minutes for the nuts to become creamy. I periodically scraped the sides as the nut’s oil released and the nuts went from becoming what looked like crumbs to real smooth nut butter.


When it was all finished I placed the end result in a small mason jar. I didn’t add salt or honey, but if you want you can put them in and pulse the food processor a couple times to mix in the flavoring evenly.

After tying a bow around the jar I was finished,
Can you say A+ on that essay I just wrote please?

1 comment:

  1. A+++. Absolutely delicious.

    Or should I say A+++bsolutely delicious?

    ReplyDelete