Friday, January 28, 2011

Snickerdoodle Bars

Tonight is Friday and also my friend’s birthday. She is having  big party and asked if I would bake for it, and obviously I said yes. I didn’t have a lot of time to bake though today so I wanted to make something that was quick but still tasted good. While cookies can be simple to make, I find the easiest think to make is bars. I still wanted to make something that wasn’t completely ordinary so I tried making regular snickerdoodles into a snickerdoodle bar recipe.

Ingredients:
2 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup softened butter
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 plus 2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, and salt and in a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, egg, 1 tablespoon sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread the batter evenly into the lightly greased pan. Combine the extra 2 tablespoons white sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter. (I had a little left over but I would still recommend making this much because it is a good sugar to cinnamon ratio.)
Just sprinkling cinnamon sugar on top is even
easier than rolling each individual cookie in it.
Bake 25-30 minutes and cool slightly. While still warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment