Sunday, January 30, 2011

Double Decker Toffee Chocolate Brownies

Well I owe my friend Cathy some money, so we decided that if I baked her 3-4 batches of baked goods, that would be sufficient instead of the cash. (I thought this was a pretty good deal). I already made her a recipe with peanut butter so I thought, why not some toffee this time?
I came up with this batch of yummy brownies:

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 plus 1/4 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup plus a little more than a 1/4 cup toffee bits

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch pan.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the dry mixture of the 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
Toffee bits on top, no need to press
them into the dough.
Divide batter in half. Blend the cocoa powder into one half of the dough and spread it evenly into the pan. Melt the 1 tablespoon butter and evenly drizzle and then spread it on top of the chocolate mixture in the pan.
I had to use my hands (just washed
of course) to spread the top
layer evenly over the bottom.
Stir remaining dough with the extra 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup toffee bits. Heap bits of white dough on top of the chocolate dough and spread the layer evenly. Top with 1/4 cup plus a little more toffee bits on top.


Bake for 25-30 minutes, let cool, cut into squares, and dig in!

How good did turn come out?
My friend ate 3 within 2 minutes, enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment