Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chocolate Almond Cookies

My brother is coming home from college today, and my Mom always like to make sure the house is fool of food for when he arrives. Though the cabinets and fridge are now full of thinks to snack on, the kitchen is still missing one thing that I know my brother will want when he comes home- freshly baked goods.
Usually my Mom makes these decadent chocolate and caramel sandwich cookies for when my brother comes home, but I thought I would try something different. He loves nuts and chocolate so I thought to just put those two flavors in a cookie.
What came out were what my mom proclaimed were "THE BEST COOKIES EVER!"
So here's the recipe for you to try:

Chocolate with chocolate chips and nuts, what's not to like?

Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup softened butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 eggs
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
2 ¼ cups flour

½ teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 teaspoon baking soda

¾ teaspoon salt

1 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

¾ cup chopped almonds
Don't cut the almonds too small, you
want to leave something to bite into.

Directions
:
Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease 2 baking sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in the vanilla, almond extract, and yogurt and eggs and mix well. Sift the cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl and slowly add this into the wet ingredients as you mix until just combined. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips and chopped almonds.
Scoop dough into large spoonfuls and roll into balls to place onto the baking sheets.

Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes and remove from the oven.
Let the cookies cool for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment