Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Espresso Cookies

I was getting ready with a group of friends for a party this weekend when one of my friends disclosed to me that she had seen my blog and loved it. I don't know exactly how she found out about it (since I don't really tell anyone about my weird blogging hobby), but anyways I was happy to hear she liked it and I promised I would bake her something soon.
Though at the end of the night I forgot my crutches in my friends car (whoops...), I still remembered my promise to bake for my friend and came up with some yummy cookies to give her. 
Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon instant espresso or coffee powder
1 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
Adding the espresso and milk to the rest of the batter.

Directions:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the instant espresso powder.
In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, and then add the eggs and vanilla. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, pour the 2 tablespoons of milk and two tablespoons of instant espresso powder. Heat over low heat, stirring until dissolved. Remove the milk mixture from heat and pour it into the bowl with the other wet ingredients and mix. Once combined, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Finally, stir in the cup of white chocolate. Now, cover the batter bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
Once the batter has been chilled, preheat the oven to 350 F and grease two cookie sheets.

Spoon scoops of batter onto the sheets, and bake for 12-15 minutes (keep in mind these are crispier cookies so do not remove them from the oven too quickly).
Let the cookies cool for a bit before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment