Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Brownies


Peanut butter + chocolate = yum.
I have made peanut butter and chocolate treats before but these bars are a little different since they are truly peanut butter, instead of chocolate with peanut butter. 
I added in chocolate chips, but you can make this recipe and completely omit all of the chip to just make peanut butter brownies (which would be great lightly iced).

Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup margarine, softened
11/3 cups white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

2/3 cup peanut chips
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and peanut butter. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Afterwards, gradually mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Once all these ingredients have been well mixed, mix in the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Make sure to press down the batter evenly into the pan.
Pour this batter into your greased pan and sprinkle the 2/3 cup peanut chips and 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly over the top.
Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes and let cool before slicing into bars.

Right before entering the oven.
I made the batter for these during one of my free periods, but didn't have enough time to bake them so I left a sticky note for my mom for when she came home to pop them in the oven. When I came home from school, I went inside thinking I would be able to try them out, but it turned out that my mom hadn't even come home yet. 
Though I had to then wait some more time to preheat the oven and bake the brownies, it was worth it. These were peanut chocolate goodness in every bite. (The edges were my favorite.)

No comments:

Post a Comment