Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blueberry Cookies with White Chocolate



Everyone loves my whole wheat blueberry bread, (or they could just be lying to my face, but I'm assuming that's not the case), so when I saw an uneaten pint of blueberries in the fridge I thought hey, maybe I should try making a cookie using similar flavors of the blueberry bread, and for good, sweet measure, add in some white chocolate.

To make a healthier version of these cookies, you could easily substitute white whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour, and use chopped nuts (I think almonds would be best) instead of the white chocolate.


Recipe:
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter
1/3 cup almond (or regular) milk
1 egg
¾ cup white sugar
¼ cup sugar
¾ cup white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries

Directions
You have to fold the blueberries in so they don't burst.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, milk, almond extract, vanilla and lemon zest. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the butter and sugar mixture in the mixing bowl. Add the while chocolate chips/chunks and finally fold in the blueberries, making sure not to crush them.
Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drop your chilled dough by small spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
Bake the cookies for 11 to 14 minutes in the oven.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Oozing with blueberry goodness.




When I made these my friend's dad proclaimed they were the best thing I've ever made, and that's saying a lot considering he's always at the track meets and offers to try out what I made for the team that day.
I guess I now know what to make him for his birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment