Sunday, March 27, 2011

Maple Snickerdoodles

After making my snickerdoodle bars I received a request to make more snickerdoodles. Now it's been a while since then but I never fail to deliver a promise if it involves baking.
To make these snickerdoodles more unique I added some maple syrup which added flavor and sweetness.

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 ½ teaspoons plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup butter
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup real maple syrup
1 egg
1 cup plus ¼ cup white sugar

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 F. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in one bowl. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup of white sugar until fluffy and then beat in the egg and maple syrup. Afterwards, gradually blend in the dry ingredients until mixed well.
Chill dough for one hour.
In a small bowl, combine the ¼ cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Roll the chilled dough into 1 inch balls and then roll them into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.


Remove from cookie sheets and immediately use a spoon to sprinkle some of the leftover cinnamon sugar on top.


Soft on the inside and a little crispier on the edges is the perfect consistency for a snickerdoodle.
When I told my friend I made these he was so excited you would have thought I bought him a new car. The next day when I gave them the cookies, he coveted them and wouldn't let anyone take one so he could save them for later.


Fortunately he does track so he can run off all that extra cookie he eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment