Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies


I seriously owe my friend Claire some cookies, so I thought I would make cookies I have already made her before that she loved. The mix of oatmeal, toffee, and coconut makes a moist, crispy, and tasty cookie. The pecans I added also add a nice crunch.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
½ cup softened butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cups all-purpose flour
The batter for these cookies is especially good.
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon fine salt
1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
½ cup sweetened coconut
1 cup (a little less) toffee bits
½ cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Heat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease cookie sheet
Beat butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. One well blended, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. 

Stir in the coconut, oats, toffee bits and pecans. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto your prepared sheet. 

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

These weren’t able to leave my house without a few missing/eaten…oops.
This recipe makes about 24 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment