Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Toffee Cookies

I used a cellophane bag and a large cupcake
liner to package the cookies nicely.
Being a senior in high school there has been a lot of news lately coming in from colleges for my friends. In the beginning of the year when people were hearing from their ED schools, I made some good luck cookies for my friends Brandon, Zack, and Olivia. They got into Cornell, UPenn, and Dartmouth respectively, so we deemed by cookies to be good luck charms.
My friend Steven is hearing back tomorrow from school and I promised I would bake him something for good luck.
Bake until they are slightly brown on the edges
so they're a mix of crispy and soft.
I hope he gets in!

Ingredients:
1 ¼ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 stick softened butter
½ cups sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ cup toffee bits
¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease two baking sheets.
Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda in one bowl and in another beat together the butter in sugar. Once mixed, beat in the eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture. After it is well blended at in the dry mixture until mixed. Finally, stir in the walnuts, chocolate chips, and toffee bits.
Spoon 1-inch balls of dough onto the greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment