Sunday, March 6, 2011

S'Mores Cookies


I was planning on making my friend birthday cookies a while ago (well obviously in the month of her birthday) and I totally messed up and told her I promised I would make her some. Well now its been about 4 months, but I didn’t forget my promise! She has the taste buds of about a seven year old so I thought that s’mores cookies would be perfect. I adapted my recipe from http://www.cookiemadness.net/2006/02/smores-cookies and did a couple tweaks to make them spread less and instead be more like softer balls of dough after baking the cookies.
Hopefully my friend thinks they were worth the wait.


Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 ½ sticks cool room temperature
 butter
½ cup granulated sugar

¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs

1cups semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup miniature marshmallows
2 Hershey Bars, broken into pieces

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and grease two cookie sheets.
Cream butter and both sugars together and then beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in the salt and baking soda until well blended. Once this mixture is well mixed, mix in the flour and then graham cracker crumbs. Finally, Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets, spacing them each about 3 inches apart.

Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove & quickly press marshmallows & chocolate in. Return to oven and cook until done (about 3 or 4 minutes).

Just like toasting marshmallows over a fire

A much more portable version of the campfire classic.


No comments:

Post a Comment