Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ultimate Chocolate Oreo Cookies

Cookies in cookies, what could be bad about that?
So I still have lots of oreo cookies left from my trip so I needed to come up with another recipe to use them up because I wasn’t going to have had to lug a ton of oreos in my bag across the ocean for nothing.
I have therefore invented my own recipe, combining the great tastes of oreos and white chocolate with a hint of espresso, yummm.
Hope you enjoy!

 

Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 ¼ cups flour
½  teaspoon salt
½  teaspoon baking soda
½  cup butter
¾ cup white sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon instant espresso
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
½ cup white chocolate chunks
8 oreo cookies, chopped

Directions:
It's best to fold in the oreos so they
aren't crushed into too tiny bits.
Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a baking sheet or use parchment paper.
Cream the butter and sugars until well blended. Then, add the egg and vanilla until everything is mixed.
In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and instant espresso. Slowly add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well combined. Afterwards, fold in the chopped oreos and white chocolate chunks.

Scoop the dough into balls on the greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let the cookies cool for about 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Hungry now?
I was worried that they turned out dry and crumbly, but I was happily proven wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment